Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Pens Strike Lightning 2-1

-With a two goal third period rally, the Pittsburgh Penguins defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning 2-1. Pascal Dupuis tied the game at 1 in the third period. Sergei Gonchar scored on a slap shot from the point to score what ended up being the game winner. I was at the game and I really think there were more Penguin fans than Lightning fans. It was a great showing from the Pens Nation. The St. Pete Times Forum really got me excited for the Consol Energy Center. The scoreboard was very nice and I could feel the bass of some of the music in my chest. Consol Energy Center will be even better, I'm sure. Anyways, a lot of fans including myself, panicked when Sidney Crosby went down. That was an ugly hit. I really thought he was seriously injured. Watching the replay in high definition made it worse. Luckily, he came back and played which relieved every Pens fan in the world. However, Evgeni Malkin did get injured, but its nothing serious. He is day to day and he could practice tomorrow.

-Alex Ovechkin is in trouble again. He had a meeting with the NHL today and is suspended for two games after knocking out D Brian Campbell of the Chicago Blackhawks for possibly the rest of the season. Campbell has a broken collarbone, and at least one broken rib. Ovechkin was given a game misconduct in the game, his third of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment